I reported earlier in the week that Nintendo seems to really be putting an onus on indie and digital content, and it’s showing. Nintendo has been dreadfully slow to adapt to the 21st century when it comes to its online communities, multiplayer integration, co-op game play and many other things that the other 2 big consoles have been doing for years. Until recently, Nintendo wasn’t as modern as the first Xbox or the PS2. Nintendo is addressing this with a ton of new digital content. This is in edition to their ‘Nindies’ focus that I wrote about here. Nintendo is offering some deep discounts to some of their games online to encourage repeat business. Those sales are listed below.
Read below for more information on their new digital offerings and the full Nintendo Press release. And leave a comment gosh darnit! I’ve added some nice screen shots for you all to have a look at as well, chosen especially for my facebook Nintendo group peeps. If you’re reading Christian, I know you’re watching me pal!
Do you think Nintendo will be able to compete, or at least make their fans happier with their new digital approach?
NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS – OCT. 16, 2014
Ballpoint Universe: Infinite – In this indie shooter made entirely with ballpoint-pen sketches, explore detailed doodle worlds, customize your ink ship and blast through enemies in 16 missions. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance – Play as Juste Belmont and explore the old castle grounds as you fight off grisly monsters using the trusty Vampire Killer and an assortment of holy weaponry. Use Spell Fusion to combine sub-weapons and spells to create up to 30 new attacks. The castle’s enchanting mysteries and danger await all those who dare enter. Click here to watch a trailer for the game.
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Master Reboot is more than 50 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $6.99) from 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 22 until 9 a.m. PT on Nov. 5.
- Shut the Box is 30 percent off (reduced from $0.99 to $0.69) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 13.
- TNT Racers – Nitro Machines Edition is more than 30 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 30.
- Trine 2: Director’s Cut is more than 50 percent off (reduced from $19.99 to $9.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 3.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Etrian Odyssey IV: Legend of the Titan, Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl and other ATLUS games will be on sale from 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 20 through 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 3.
- Johnny Impossible, Samurai Sword Destiny and other UFO Interactive games will be on sale from 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 17 through 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 3.
- Snow Moto Racing 3D is 25 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Nov. 27.
- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow – Oct. 23 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
- Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land – Oct. 30 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
- Demon’s Crest – Oct. 30 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
- Gargoyle’s Quest II: The Demon Darkness – Oct. 30 (Virtual Console on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS)
- Chests O’ Booty (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- PING 1.5+ (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Harvest Moon 2 GBC (Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS)
- Pyramids 2 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- The Legend of Dark Witch (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)