Straight from Nintendo, this great bit of news for artists is a highlight for my day, personally. Please share this with any and all creative friends. This could be an amazing chance for someone you know. It’s so exciting lol. Anyway, read on Poke Painters
Pokémon Art Academy Competition Announced to Find Winners Whose Illustrations will be Made into Promotional Pokémon TCG Cards
BELLEVUE, WA – February 12, 2015 – The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo invite Pokémon fans and budding illustrators to enter an international Pokémon Art Academy Competition using the Pokémon Art Academy game available exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. The competition opens on February 18, 2015, and closes on March 29, 2015, and the winners will be announced in May 2015. The entries will be accepted via Miiverse, accessible via the Nintendo 3DS. This is an exciting opportunity for would-be Pokémon artists from around the world, as the competition’s winners will have their masterpiece turned into their very own Pokémon TCG card!
Inspired by the special Cosplay Pikachu, which can be discovered in the recently launched Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire video games, this category gives entrants the chance to play fashion designer and create their very own Pikachu outfit!
This category gives entrants the chance to submit their own artistic impressions of a favorite Pokémon, which they can do using the Free Paint mode of Pokémon Art Academy. So, if Snorlax awakens an inner Leonardo da Vinci, or Rayquaza gets fans painting with flying colors, then this is their perfect category!
How to Enter the Pokémon Art Academy Competition
- Create and save an image in Pokémon Art Academy using Free Paint mode.
- Select the “Share” option from Pokémon Art Academy’s main menu and connect to Miiverse.
- Select the “Post to Competition” option and select “I Agree” if you agree to the Official Rules.
- Highlight the category you’d like to enter (Dress-Up Pikachu or Your Favorite Pokémon) and then choose “Select Competition”. Only the first post you make will be recognized as your entry.
- Slide over the image and select it and then choose “Share Selected”.
- Enter a title to accompany your artwork in the comment field and then select “Post”. The image will be posted to Miiverse and entered into the competition.
- The only way to enter the competition directly is from the Pokémon Art Academy game, available exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
To connect with Pokémon online:
- Visit www.pokemon.com
- Like the official Pokémon Facebook page at Facebook.com/Pokemon
- Follow @Pokemon on Twitter
- Check out the official Pokémon YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/pokemon
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996, and today is one of the most popular children’s entertainment properties in the world. For more information, visit www.pokemon.com.