Time to get with it those of you looking forward to The Crew. Ubisoft has a load of new information for their upcoming closed beta as well as season pass for the Crew. There’s a too much information to summarize here. Well, actually there’s not TOO much information, I’ll just let Ubisoft do the talking with their press release below.
What are you most looking forward to from Ubisoft? The crew? The new Assassin’s Creed? Let us know.
UBISOFT® DETAILS THE CREW™ LIVE CONTENT PLANS & KICKS OFF CLOSED BETA
SAN FRANCISCO — November 6, 2014 — Today, Ubisoft® revealed Season Pass and live content details for the action-driving MMO, The Crew™. The first of four themed Car Packs, new missions, new stickers and tuning kits will start rolling out to players in January 2015 with new PvP modes to follow shortly after.
Each pack will be available for purchase on its own for $6.99, or all packs can be purchased as part of the Season Pass for $24.99. Season Pass holders will have access to two exclusive cars at launch on December 2 and will receive early access to each of the four car packs one week in advance.
The Crew Season Pass will be available for the Xbox One and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment systems from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC. The Crew Season Pass will be included in The Crew Gold Edition. This digital edition is available on the Uplay® Shop, across PC digital channels as well as on PlayStation®Network and Xbox Live (Xbox One only).
The Crew Season Pass includes:
- Two exclusive cars – McLaren 12C and Ferrari 458 Speciale – available to Season Pass holders at launch
- One-week early access for all add-on car packs content
- Four packs, 12 cars total:
- Extreme Car Pack- available January 2015, includes performance cars, perfect for exhilarating, high-octane missions
- Speed Car Pack- available February 2015, includes sports cars, finely tuned for breakneck-speed races
- Vintage Car Pack- available March 2015, includes vintage rides, fashionable for missions set in iconic American locales
- Raid Car Pack- available April 2015, includes off-road vehicles, highly recommended for all-terrain missions
- 23 additional tuning kits unlocked to spec out the Season Pass car line-up for premium performance on any terrain
- All official paintjobs and rims for each car
- An exclusive sticker delivered with each car pack
With the release of each content pack included in the Season Pass, there will be new missions corresponding with each pack’s theme, available to all players free of charge. New customization options, paint jobs, rims, interiors and tuning specs will also be released on in-game stores.
Additionally, the closed beta for The Crew starts November 6 and runs through November 10 on Xbox One and the PlayStation®4 system. Players who preordered The Crew in North America will gain guaranteed access to the closed beta. Other players can still register for a chance to play at www.thecrewgame.com/beta.
The closed beta will allow players to explore the entire United States and complete challenges in the Midwest and East Coast, two of the five regions available in the game. The PvP lobbies in these regions will be accessible and two of the five spec classes, Street and Dirt, will be available for players looking to customize and fine-tune their ride.
The 2014 Game Critics Awards Best Racing Game of E3[i], The Crew takes gamers on a wild ride throughout a massive open world recreation of the United States filled with exciting challenges and populated by other real players. The Crew will be available on December 2 for PlayStation®4 system, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Windows PC.
For more information on The Crew Season Pass, please visit thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/en-US/order/index.aspx.
For the latest on all of Ubisoft’s games, please visit ubiblog.com